TIA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as a "standards developing organization (SDO). Standards projects and technical documents initiated by TIA's engineering committees are formulated according to the guidelines established by the ANSI Essential Requirements and the following documents:
TIA Standards Legal Guides
- TIA Open and Voluntary Standards Policy (PDF)
- TIA Intellectual Property Rights Policy (PDF)
- Guidelines to the Intellectual Rights Policy of the Telecommunications Industry Association (PDF)
- Antitrust Guide and Important Notice of Participation (PDF)
TIA Procedures for American National Standards (PANS)
TIA Engineering Committee Operating Procedures (ECOP)
- TIA ECOP document (PDF) (effective July 7, 2015)
TIA Standards Style Guide for Engineering Committees
- TIA Standards Style Guide for Engineering Committees: Contains instructions for styling TIA standards documents that are in development (e.g. figures, tables, indexes).
To report an organization or website that is misusing TIA content, please send your name, contact information, location or source of the misuse you are reporting and any additional comments to email@example.com.
Information Alerts for Engineering Committees
- Information Alert 1: Recording Votes (PDF)
- Information Alert 2: Document Processing (PDF)
- Information Alert 3: Reference Links in Standards (PDF)
- Information Alert 4: Public and Non-public Documents (PDF)
Patent Holder Statements (for companies wishing to disclose when they have a patent referenced in a TIA standard)
TIA's IPR patent holder statements contain patent holder statements or copyright holder statements which have been provided to TIA and claim IPR or pending patent applications as being essential, or potentially essential, to the implementation of TIA standards. Unless otherwise specified, all patent holder or copyright holder statements contained herein have been provided to TIA, with an undertaking from the owner to grant licenses according to the terms and conditions of TIA's Intellectual Property Rights Policy.
TIA makes no representations or warranties, and disclaims any and all responsibility, with respect to the accuracy, correctness, completeness or scope of such statements, or any claims of IPR contained or identified therein.
Copyright Permission from TIA
TIA holds copyright for all Standards, Specifications, or Bulletins produced by its Engineering Committees. Reproduction and/or distribution of these documents either in hard copy or soft copy is prohibited without copyright permission. All requests for copyright permission should be sent using the online copyright permission form.
The request should include the following information:
- The purpose for which permission is needed
- The specific document name and document number
- The portion of the document which will be reproduced (Include tables and charts)
- NOTE: if a proposed mockup or sample is available, please include it with the request
- The intended audience (i.e. type of person, such as installers, sales staff, students)
- The number of copies that will be reproduced
- The type of media format that will be used for the copy (i.e. hard copy, soft copy)
Examples of instances in which copyright permission may be granted include:
- For academic purposes such as a presentation at a conference
- For reference by another association or standards developing organization
- For insertion into government procurement contracts
- For translation into another language
- For publication in a textbook or other manuals