FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Farrah Kim, +1.202.568.8986, FarrahKim@Rational360.com
Top Execs from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Kaiser Permanente, Ericsson & Panasonic to Keynote Leading ICT Conference; June 3 - 5 in Dallas, TX
TIA Network of the Future Conference will Also Feature Carrier Exec Panel and State of Industry Presentations on Policy Issues, Green ICT & More
Arlington, Va. (May 14, 2014) – The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA), the leading association representing the manufacturers and suppliers of high-tech communications networks, today announced that executives from CenturyLink, Kaiser Permanente, Ericsson and Panasonic will join AT&T CTO Krish Prabhu as keynote speakers at TIA’s Network of the Future Conference. The event, which will be held June 3-5 in Dallas, Texas, will also feature a special State of the Industry session featuring a panel of carrier executives and industry experts from Bell Labs, QuEST Forum, Verizon and more.
TIA’s Network of the Future Conference will feature the following keynote speakers:
- Krish Prabhu, President, AT&T Labs & CTO, AT&T
- Ed Chan, SVP, Network Infrastructure Planning, Verizon
- Dr. John Mattison, MD, Chief Medical Information Officer, Kaiser Permanente
- Jonathan King, VP of Cloud Strategy & Business Development, Savvis/CenturyLink
- Todd Rytting, CTO, Panasonic N. America
- Vish Nandlall, Head of Strategy, Marketing, & CTO, Ericsson
Members of the media are invited to attend the conference. To register, or for more information, please contact Farrah Kim at FarrahKim@rational360.com or 202.568.8986.
The State of the Industry Session will feature the following industry leaders and executives:
- Fraser Pajak, CEO, QuEST Forum (Speed to Market Carrier Panel)
- Tim Harden, President, Supply Chain, AT&T (Speed to Market Carrier Panel)
- James Feger, VP, Network Strategy & Development, CenturyLink (Speed to Market Carrier Panel)
- Vish Nandlall, Head of Strategy, Marketing & CTO, Ericsson (Policy Picture)
- Grant Seiffert, President, TIA (Emerging ICT Value Chain)
- Thierry Klein, Head, Green Research, Bell Labs (State of Energy and ICT)
- Dr. Tassu Shervani, Marilyn & Leo Professor, Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University
TIA’s Network of the Future Conference will also include a CTO Roundtable Luncheon and a Disruptors’ Competition. The conference is centered on three educational tracks: Wireless & 5G Networks, Big Data & Privacy, and Software Defined Networks. In addition, TIA’s Network of the Future Conference will be accompanied by an invitation-only AT&T Supplier Conference highlighting AT&T’s vision of the User-Defined Network Cloud.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- AT&T: Nasrin Dayani, Executive Director, ATT ForHealth
- Boingo: Daniel Wojciechowski, Director, DAS Integration & Operations
- Cisco: Fran O’Brien, Jr., Ph.D., Wireless Standards Mobility CTO
- Dell Networking: Bala Pitchaikani, VP, Product Management
- Ericsson Research: Kumar Balachandran, Principal Research Engineer
- Evolv: Dr. Michael Housman, Chief Analytics Officer
- ExteNet Systems: Tormod Larsen, VP & CTO
- Healthsouth East Valley Acute Rehab Hospital: Raj Bhat, MD, President, Medical Staff
- HetNet Forum: Tracy Ford, Director
- IBM: Adam Gersting, Partner
- ILS Technology (a Telit company): Fred Yentz, President & CEO
- Institute for Policy Innovation (IPI): Tom Giovanetti, President
- iQor: Bryce Engelbrecht, SVP, Innovations Group
- Juniper Networks: Bob Dix, VP, Government Affairs & Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Korn Ferry: Chris Cantarella, Senior Client Partner
- Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.: Timothy K. Horan, CFA, Managing Director
- Overture: Prayson Pate, CTO & SVP of R&D
- Monster: Susan Fallon, VP, Global Strategy & Business Development
- NetSocket: Richard Platt, CTO
- Nokia: Al Jette, Head of North American Industry Environment
- Northwestern University: Dylon Minor, Asst. Prof., Kellogg School of Management
- Qualcomm Research: Behzad Mohebbi, Senior Director, Product Management
- Samsung N. America: Thad Lowe, VP, Engineering
- Secret Service: Jeff Shaffer, Digital Forensics Lab Manager
- Sprint: Mark Lipford, Director, Global Standards & Ecosystem Development
- Stroz Friedberg: Chad Pinson, Managing Director
- Towerstream: Arthur Giftakis, VP, Engineering & Network Operations
- University of Texas at Dallas: Ron Bose, Ph.D., Research Professor
- U.S. Department of Transportation: Kevin Gay, Program Manager, Vehicle Automation Strategy Planning
- Wireless Future Project: Michael Calabrese, Director
- Bingham McCutchen LLP: Andrew D. Lipman, Partner
For a complete schedule of keynote and State of the Industry presentations, visit: http://tia2014.org/attend/keynotes-plenaries.
Sponsors of TIA 2014: The Network of the Future include the Host Sponsor, Ericsson, along with ADTRAN, AT&T, Cisco, Dell, Fujitsu, GENBAND, Goodman Networks, Henkels & McCoy, IGATE, ILS/Telit, InterDigital, Juniper Networks, Panasonic, Power & Telephone, Tallac Media, Tarana Wireless, Telmar Network Technology.
For more information about the conference and a schedule of events, visit TIA2014.org.
The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) represents manufacturers and suppliers of global communications networks through standards development, policy and advocacy, business opportunities, market intelligence, and events and networking. TIA enhances the business environment for broadband, mobile wireless, information technology, networks, cable, satellite and unified communications. Members' products and services empower communications in every industry and market, including healthcare, education, security, public safety, transportation, government, the military, the environment, and entertainment. Visit tiaonline.org for more details.
TIA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and is a proud sponsor of ANSI’s Standards Boost Business campaign. Visit www.standardsboostbusiness.org for details.