Smart Communities Standards Working Group Meeting – August 30
You are invited to join us on for the launch of TIA’s Smart Communities Standards Working Group for Wireless and Other Critical ICT Infrastructure.
Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM (lunch with Edge Data Center and Computing Standards Working Group)
Location: TIA Headquarters, 1320 N. Courthouse Road, Suite 200, Arlington, VA 22201
Contact: Harry Smeenk for additional information.
Goal of the Smart Communities Standards Working Group:
The purpose of the Smart Communities Standards Working Group initiative is to provide assurance and confidence that a smart community or component solution will meet functional and performance requirements with adequate security and reliability. The goal of the working group is to evaluate industry needs and drive market acceleration for Smart Communities solutions by providing standards, criteria, documentation, training, and other related knowledge transfer vehicles
- Individual components and services
- Market IoT /smart community solutions in an integrated network environment
- Operational readiness to meet end customer expectations
- Roadmaps and Technology Evolution
- Security and operational risk management
- Orchestration and scheduling of lifecycle management events across the supplier ecosystem
- Open Network topology management and peering of services
- Development of protocol and standards to facilitate interoperability, authorization, access and movement of facilitating data services across licensed and unlicensed operator networks.
Potential Longer-term Outcomes Include:
- Thought Leadership Whitepapers
- Best Practices
- Training Materials
- Use Cases
- Templates and Business Case Examples
- Standards and Codes
- Assurance Opportunities
Breakfast and Networking
Welcome and Objective Setting
Member Introductions and Expectations.
Each Participating organization will have 5 minutes to present their current role in Smart Communities and their expectations of this exploratory committee and related standards.