Securing the IoT Network - A TIA Policy Forum
TIA on the Hill Series
Securing the IoT Network – A Policy Forum
Thursday, June 8 | 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Rayburn House Office Building, Room 2045
Washington, D.C. 20515
The Internet of Things (IoT) is based on a seamless, secure and reliable network that connects billions of devices and enables constant, real-time inforamtion sharing. As IoT development accelerates, so too will the exponential growth of data travels across the network. This new era of connecitivty will create incredible possibilities for improving quality of life and empowering innovation - while leading to new security and reliability challenges.
Please join TIA for a Capitol Hill event to examine the security risks facing IoT. U.S. Rep. Bob Latta (R-OH) and experienced cybersecurity leaders will discuss the need for forward-looking frameworks, end-user education, public-private coordination, and more.
- Rep. Bob Latta (R-OH), Chairman, House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Digital Property and Consumer Protection
- Denise Zheng, Director and Senior Fellow at Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- James Simister, Director, Panasonic Software & Analytics Solutions
- Kiersten Todt, President and Managing Partner, Liberty Group Ventures, LLC
- Clete D. Johnson, Parnter, Wilkinson Barker Knauer LLP (Moderator)
Breakfast will be provided. Registration and breakfast begins at 8:00 a.m. The program will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m.
*TIA on the Hill Series events are widely-attended gatherings.
This policy forum is part of the Telecommunications Industry Association’s “TIA on the Hill” series which convenes policymakers, academics, and industry experts to discuss important technology, policy and business issues of the day related to delivering connectivity across every industry and market.