Fiber Optics Technology Consortium of TIA
Does your company use fiber optics? Take advantage of TIA’s Fiber Optics Technology Consortium (FOTC), a consortium of fiber manufacturers, cablers and electronics manufacturers formed in 1993 that serves as a resource for users and network designers who seek reliable and current information about the deployment of fiber in enterprise networks.
The group consists of technology leaders in the premises market and provides vendor-neutral information about fiber optic technology and its application throughout the enterprise. The assemblage even includes local area networks (LANs), data centers, and related environments.
FOTC is the premier forum for premises networking companies to discuss industry issues and grow the market for fiber optic solutions. It allows companies to have a greater voice in the industry and to aide in influencing the development of fiber optic standards along with the acceptance of architectures.
- Attend a series of educational webinars throughout the year through which participants can earn BICSI Continuing Education Credits
- Receive a free interactive Cost Model that allows users to compare the installed first costs of different architectures to determine the best solution for their installation
- Take advantage of an educational website with information about the use of fiber in premises networks
- Utilize primary market research among the users of fiber optics networks
- Read white papers on important industry issues
- Be a part of in industry conferences and Webinars
- Compose articles for trade and business publications
- Learn more about industry standards and architectures
Voice Your Opinion
Through participating, your company can have a greater voice in the development of fiber optic solutions for emerging applications and provide educational materials to increase awareness of the benefits of deploying fiber in enterprise networks.
Our current members include: 3M, AFL, Berk-Tek, a Nexans Company, CommScope, Corning, Draka, General Cable, Fluke Networks, Legrand/Ortronics, Leviton, Panduit, Sumitomo Electric Lightwave, Superior Essex, and TE Connectivity.
Join Us Today
Don't hesitate! All companies that are members of TIA are welcome to join FOTC and to attend meetings. For more information about FOTC, please contact our membership chair, Tony Irujo at firstname.lastname@example.org.