FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Ashley Simmons, 703-907-7704, firstname.lastname@example.org
TIA Elects Executives from Intel, Genband, General Motors, Nokia and Motorola Solutions to Board of Directors; Adds Four New Members
Arlington, VA. (May 6, 2016) - The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA), the leading association representing the manufacturers and suppliers of high-tech communications networks, today announced that executives from five leading technology and automotive companies have been elected to its board of directors. TIA also said that four organizations, including the U.S. Coast Guard, have joined as members.
The five executives added to the TIA board (now 31 members) are:
- Genband President, CEO and Chairman, David Walsh
- General Motors (NYSE: GM) Vice President of Software and Innovation and CTO of Global Connected Consumer Experience, Dr. Alan Messer
- Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) Vice President and General Manager of Network Platforms Group, Sandra Rivera
- Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) Vice President of Integrated Command and Control Solutions, Christine Rapala
- Nokia (NYSE: NOK) Vice President of Sales, Ed Cholerton
“These are incredibly smart and experienced leaders, and their expertise will help extend the value and impact of TIA’s global work,” said TIA CEO Scott Belcher. “As these five new board members demonstrate, our industry is made up of a highly diverse group of companies. But they all come together at TIA with a common goal – to help deliver robust and modern communications networks that empower individuals and drive innovation and economic opportunity.”
Belcher continued, “At the same time, TIA’s membership continues to expand as the technology and communications landscape becomes increasingly complex. Our industry is highly competitive, global and closely watched by regulators and policymakers. For this reason, TIA works with each member to address their particular needs through industry intelligence, business connections, policy advocacy, standards development and more.”
The four new members announced today are (complete list of TIA members is available here):
- Allpro Consulting Group: Consulting firm specializing in structural engineering, civil engineering and architectural design services.
- Aunigma Network Solutions: Technology company engaged in delivering next generation network security and connectivity.
- Deep South Communications: Manufacturing and engineering firm conducting wireless communications and radio frequency design.
- US Coast Guard: One of the five U.S. armed forces, and the only military organization within the Department of Homeland Security, with a mission to safeguard U.S. maritime interests and environment around the world.
The new board members or others from their companies will be active participants in TIA’s annual Network of the Future conference in Dallas, Texas, on June 6-9. Among the dozens of leading speakers will be executives from Genband and Intel, and Dr. Messer will deliver a keynote on next-generation vehicles. He will discuss how technology products and services are increasing connectivity in an effort to build a safer, smarter and more efficient transportation infrastructure network.
The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) represents manufacturers and suppliers of global communications networks through standards development, policy and advocacy, business opportunities, market intelligence, and events and networking. TIA enhances the business environment for broadband, mobile wireless, information technology, networks, cable, satellite and unified communications. Members' products and services empower communications in every industry and market, including healthcare, education, security, public safety, transportation, government, the military, the environment, and entertainment. Visit tiaonline.org for more details.
TIA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and is a proud sponsor of ANSI’s Standards Boost Business campaign. Visit www.standardsboostbusiness.org for details.