FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Farrah Kim, +1.202.568.8986, FarrahKim@Rational360.com
TIA Data Center Workshop to Address Growing Concern about Cybersecurity, Cross-Border Data Flows, IT Management and Talent Shortages
Workshop will Feature Cloud Computing Execs & Leaders from U.S. Chamber of Commerce and State Dept., Plus Tour of CenturyLink Data Center
Arlington, Va. (Sept. 17, 2014) – The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA), the leading association representing the manufacturers and suppliers of high-tech communications networks, today invited members of the media to attend its Data Center Workshop. Held November 11-12, the workshop will address critical issues facing the entire data center value chain – from cloud service providers and equipment vendors to end-users involved in enterprise, government, finance, and more.
Government and enterprise executives will tour CenturyLink Technology Solutions' data center in Sterling, Va. on November 11. The second day (November 12) – which takes place at TIA's headquarters in Arlington, Va. – will feature experts from Google, Microsoft, CenturyLink, RagingWire, SANS Institute, U.S. Chamber of Commerce and other leading organizations and will highlight the critical issues affecting the dramatically changing data center landscape and the IT needs of organizations.
To register for the Data Center Workshop, or for more information about the workshop and the CenturyLink tour, please contact Farrah Kim, 202.568.8986.
Panel discussion topics on November 12 include emerging developments in cross-border data flows (including EU-U.S. Safe Harbor and ongoing trade agreement negotiations), cybersecurity issues affecting the enterprise and government, new strategies for meeting organizations' IT needs, technological advances in software-defined networking, and more.
Additional topics include architecture and cabling for "Beyond-100G" data centers and how cloud service providers, ISPs, MSOs and enterprises can meet extremely low-latency connection requirements in increasingly congested network infrastructures. Panelists will also address recent efforts by manufacturers and standards organizations to define new 25/50G and 400G Ethernet connections within data center facilities. The workshop is sponsored by Dell, Power & Tel, Henkels & McCoy, Sumitomo Electric Lightwave, and CenturyLink Technology Solutions.
The Data Center Workshop will feature the following speakers:
- Adam Boone, Chief Marketing Officer, Certes Networks
- Brad Booth – Principal Engineer, Microsoft
- Steve Cheng – Senior Staff Network Architect, Google
- Steve Gunderson – Principal, Vice President of Sales, Transitional Data Services
- Gregory N. Hicks – State Department Visiting Fellow, Office of the President, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Lisa Huff – Principal Analyst, Discerning Analytics, LLC
- Ian Kelly – Senior Engineer, Google
- Jonathan King – Vice President, Cloud Strategy and Business Development, CenturyLink Technology Solutions
- John Pescatore – Director of Emerging Security Trends, SANS Institute
- Adam C. Schlosser – Director, Center for Global Regulatory Cooperation, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Darrell Tanno – Principal, Solutions Reservoir
- Patrick Van Vickle – Senior Manager, Product Design and Engineering, Sumitomo Electric Lightwave
- Daniel Walsh – Consulting Engineer, Red Hat
- Christopher Wolf – Partner, Hogan Lovells US LLP
- Jim Weber – Director, Network and Data Center Operations, Neustar
|WHO:||The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)|
|WHAT:||TIA Data Center Workshop (Sponsored by Dell, Power & Tel, Henkels & McCoy, Sumitomo Electric Lightwave and CenturyLink Technology Solutions)|
|WHEN:||November 11-12, 2014|
|WHERE:||1320 N. Courthouse Rd., Ste. 200, Arlington, VA 22201|
The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) represents manufacturers and suppliers of global communications networks through standards development, policy and advocacy, business opportunities, market intelligence, and events and networking. TIA enhances the business environment for broadband, mobile wireless, information technology, networks, cable, satellite and unified communications. Members' products and services empower communications in every industry and market, including healthcare, education, security, public safety, transportation, government, the military, the environment, and entertainment. Visit tiaonline.org for more details.
TIA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and is a proud sponsor of ANSI’s Standards Boost Business campaign. Visit www.standardsboostbusiness.org for details.