Edge Data Center and Computing Standards Working Group Meeting – August 30
You are invited to join us for the launch of TIA’s Edge Data Center and Computing Standards Working Group Meeting
for Wireless and Other Critical ICT Infrastructure.
Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM (lunch with Smart Communities Standards Working Group)
Location: TIA Headquarters, 1320 N. Courthouse Road, Suite 200, Arlington, VA 22201
Contact: Harry Smeenk for additional information.
The purpose of the Edge Data Center and Computing Standards Working Group initiative is to provide assurance, confidence and engagement across the supply chain so that a large ’network’ of smaller micro data centers can be developed and managed without introducing significant additional risk and cost.The goal of the working group is to evaluate industry needs and drive market acceleration for Edge Data Center solutions by providing standards, criteria, documentation, and other related knowledge transfer vehicles.
- Security and operational risk management
- Orchestration and scheduling of lifecycle management events across the supplier ecosystem
- Open Network topology management and peering of services
- Development of protocol and standards to facilitate interoperability, authorization, access and movement of facilitating data services across licensed and unlicensed operator networks.
Potential Longer-term Outcomes Include:
- Thought Leadership Whitepapers
- Best Practices
- Training Materials
- Use Cases
- Templates and Business Case Examples
- Standards and Codes
- Assurance Opportunities
Lunch and Networking with with Smart Communities Standards Working Group
Welcome and Objective Setting
Member Introductions and Expectations.
Each Participating organization will have 5 minutes to present their current role in Edge Data Centers and their expectations of this working group and related standards.