The Director of Information Technology (Director) is responsible for the overall planning, organizing and execution of all Information Technology (IT) functions. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements, the support and maintenance of existing applications, and development of new technical solutions. The new technical solutions will address business needs with appropriate communications and computing technologies. The Director represents TIA Information Technology to internal customers and interfaces with external parties of interest as required by the business units of TIA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this role, the Director:
• Ensures IT operations provide reliable, available, usable solutions to the business needs of TIA – including proactive system maintenance and quality user support.
• Develops and gains approval for Information Technology strategy including the supporting implementation and operating budgets.
• Participates in business planning
o Ensure systems support the business plan with adequate automation and supportive reporting
o Help identify and define revenue opportunities that can be realized with information technology
o Provide insight to industry norms for technology budgets consisting of acquisition, enhancement, staffing and management
• Assists customers in defining information technology needs in support of business objectives and constraints
• Leads the translation of needs into a solution by proposing suitable options
o Leads the selection of the solution from among the options, and from among various suppliers
o Participates in evaluating proposals and solutions
o Participates in negotiating agreements with providers
• Drives the technology aspects of the implementation project, and assists stakeholders in driving aspects affecting them directly
• Ensures the consistency and maintainability of technology solutions by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions and for operating them
• Manages the execution of operations and management processes through internal staff and contracts with technology providers
• Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting
• Develops and proposes staffing plans which include both internal and external resources in order to manage staff and providers in execution of implementation projects, operations and system management
• Other job related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or related experience
• Capable of applying modern technology and solutions to business requirements
• Capable of evolving with technology and solution as the industry evolves them
• Familiar with the major components of Association computing systems; which include a web site, association management system / CRM, accounting system, mail campaign management, custom web applications supporting multiple revenue streams, electronic mail, Human Resources application, MS Office – all running on a combination of premise and hosted servers and networks.
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Information Technology, with at least 5 years managing staff and systems
• Able to gain the respect of management, peers, staff and providers
• High service profile
The Senior Systems Analyst (SA) provides service and support to all who use TIA’s computer and communications systems. In order to succeed in the role, the SA must be service oriented, must have and maintain strong technology skills in the relevant disciplines and products, must communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, must develop and work from system and process documentation, and must have strong relationships with service providers under contract with TIA.
This position has the responsibility to identify, engage, negotiate and secure new TIA member companies in the small and mid-sized business categories.
The manager of Member & Business Development is further responsible for triaging in-bound prospects either for participation as members or engineering committee participants (ECPs). In this capacity, the manager will interview the prospective company representatives to better determine need and present the varied attributes of TIA that might be beneficial to their business. Solutions selling skills are vital in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the senior vice president of membership, marketing and business development, this position will perform sales prospecting, targeting and account management duties to meet established business goals of the association.
- This position will be the point person for in-bound membership and ECP prospect calls of interest. Either directly or working in concert with other TIA staff, this position will engage with prospective companies, determine needs and propose engagement scenarios that work best for the client.
- Working closely with the director of member services, this position will assist in creating an engagement plan for each new member or ECP.
- Working closely with TIA Standards staff to ensure coordination and high quality customer care and engagement.
- Support major account sales led by Directors of Member Development through research and presentation preparation.
- 5 years or more business development experience
- In-depth knowledge of global ICT industry, trends, technologies and business models shaping the ICT industry, including Cloud, 4G/5G transition, IOT and M2M
- Solutions selling experience and cross selling capability between complementary services
- Experience using CRM databases such as Salesforce and Avectra
- Establishing a territory and management of a sales pipeline to attain or exceed defined revenue goals of TIA based on known goals.
- Outstanding communications skills, oral and written
- Excellent follow-up to ensure client needs are fully satisfied and engagement
Internship duties will include exposure to all departments within TIA: Government Affairs, Marketing, Networking & Intelligence, Membership & Market Development and Standards & Technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- data collection and analysis
- preparation of data and marketing visuals
- professional writing (that could include fact sheets, reports, white papers and/or web content).
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Adobe CS5 knowledge a plus (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Interest or knowledge of the ICT industry
- 15 to 25 hour weekly commitment
The position is unpaid.
TIA provides a travel stipend.
Please send a resume and brief writing sample to TIAJOBS@TIAONLINE.ORG.
Under the general direction of the General Counsel, this position primarily will provide legal counsel and advice on contracts and business agreements; standards development, technology initiatives, and related legal/policy issues; intellectual property matters; and general trade association operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft, negotiate, and/or review contracts and business agreements with partners, licensees, hotels, third party vendors, and consultants
- Provide legal support for standards development processes, including assisting with document review, ANSI compliance, collaboration with other standards development organizations, responding to subpoenas, and related issues
- Serve as technology resource to Standards and Technology staff regarding emerging technologies and trends, as well as core communications industry technology priorities
- Provide legal guidance to internal departments and the senior management team on association matters including contracts, business initiatives, mitigation of legal and operational risks, and best practices
- Participate in internal and external meetings, as well as Board of Directors meetings, regarding association matters, including but not limited to governance, budget, special projects, and strategic initiatives
- Work with General Counsel on major association initiatives
- Assist with other appropriate matters
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Three to five years related experience
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry
- Trade association experience preferred
- Knowledge of standards development processes preferred
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize
- Ability to write communications for non-legal audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively with Board of Directors and senior management