This position has the responsibility to identify, engage, negotiate and secure new TIA member companies in the small and mid-sized business categories.
The manager of Member & Business Development is further responsible for triaging in-bound prospects either for participation as members or engineering committee participants (ECPs). In this capacity, the manager will interview the prospective company representatives to better determine need and present the varied attributes of TIA that might be beneficial to their business. Solutions selling skills are vital in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the senior vice president of membership, marketing and business development, this position will perform sales prospecting, targeting and account management duties to meet established business goals of the association.
- This position will be the point person for in-bound membership and ECP prospect calls of interest. Either directly or working in concert with other TIA staff, this position will engage with prospective companies, determine needs and propose engagement scenarios that work best for the client.
- Working closely with the director of member services, this position will assist in creating an engagement plan for each new member or ECP.
- Working closely with TIA Standards staff to ensure coordination and high quality customer care and engagement.
- Support major account sales led by Directors of Member Development through research and presentation preparation.
- 5 years or more business development experience
- In-depth knowledge of global ICT industry, trends, technologies and business models shaping the ICT industry, including Cloud, 4G/5G transition, IOT and M2M
- Solutions selling experience and cross selling capability between complementary services
- Experience using CRM databases such as Salesforce and Avectra
- Establishing a territory and management of a sales pipeline to attain or exceed defined revenue goals of TIA based on known goals.
- Outstanding communications skills, oral and written
- Excellent follow-up to ensure client needs are fully satisfied and engagement
This position is primarily responsible for meeting membership and business development objectives of the association, including leading the execution of strategies to expand our membership, member engagement, revenue streams, program scope and effectiveness, sphere of influence, and awareness of value and economic contributions of the telecommunication industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, mentor and guide the team responsible for recruiting and retaining members as well as generating sponsorship and other types of revenue.
- Develop, define and implement strategic direction for TIA’s membership and business development in collaboration with TIA Chief Executive Officer (CEO) the Board of Directors in four key areas: government affairs, standards, networking and market intelligence.
- Develop and refine continually the value propositions of TIA’s program offerings and how they deliver tangible business benefits to member companies; collaborate with all program staff on improvement based on customer feedback
- Oversee the association’s member retention efforts and coordinate with staff on educational and networking opportunities for TIA members
- Learn and understand members’ business objectives and creatively and effectively translate that understanding into additional value for the members
- Collaborate with all TIA program staff to advise the CEO and Board of Directors on how to evolve the organization to provide high quality, customer-focused products and services
- Identify new business opportunities to expand TIA policy, standards and networking programs and secure funding sources
- Serve as a resource for all TIA staff on business development efforts of the organization
- Report on and present as needed member recruitment efforts to the TIA Board of Directors and TIA staff
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong marketing and business development background in information and communications technology industry
- Proven experience with developing and implementing business marketing plans
- Graduate degree in business and/or marketing preferred
- Previous association membership sales experience preferred
Internship duties will include exposure to all departments within TIA: Government Affairs, Marketing, Networking & Intelligence, Membership & Market Development and Standards & Technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- data collection and analysis
- preparation of data and marketing visuals
- professional writing (that could include fact sheets, reports, white papers and/or web content).
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Adobe CS5 knowledge a plus (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Interest or knowledge of the ICT industry
- 15 to 25 hour weekly commitment
The position is unpaid.
TIA provides a travel stipend.
Please send a resume and brief writing sample to TIAJOBS@TIAONLINE.ORG.
Under the general direction of the General Counsel, this position primarily will provide legal counsel and advice on contracts and business agreements; standards development, technology initiatives, and related legal/policy issues; intellectual property matters; and general trade association operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft, negotiate, and/or review contracts and business agreements with partners, licensees, hotels, third party vendors, and consultants
- Provide legal support for standards development processes, including assisting with document review, ANSI compliance, collaboration with other standards development organizations, responding to subpoenas, and related issues
- Serve as technology resource to Standards and Technology staff regarding emerging technologies and trends, as well as core communications industry technology priorities
- Provide legal guidance to internal departments and the senior management team on association matters including contracts, business initiatives, mitigation of legal and operational risks, and best practices
- Participate in internal and external meetings, as well as Board of Directors meetings, regarding association matters, including but not limited to governance, budget, special projects, and strategic initiatives
- Work with General Counsel on major association initiatives
- Assist with other appropriate matters
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Three to five years related experience
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry
- Trade association experience preferred
- Knowledge of standards development processes preferred
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize
- Ability to write communications for non-legal audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively with Board of Directors and senior management
The Telecommunications Association (TIA), the leading trade association for the ICT industry, has an opening for the summer and fall semesters for a public policy intern in TIA's Policy Department.
This is a substantive internship requiring:
- Strong research and writing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- 10-20 hour weekly commitment
The primary responsibilities for this position will include:
- Providing research assistance and writing white papers making policy recommendations to Congress, federal agencies, and state governments.
- Assisting with writing and filing comments with various government entities (DoE, FCC, and state regulatory agencies).
- Attending hearings and meetings with Congress, the FCC, Dept. of Commerce, etc. other relevant federal agencies and industry groups and writing summaries for member companies.
- Assisting with meetings with TIA member companies.
The policy portfolio for this position will include:
- Disability Access to ICT
- Broadband Deployment Policy
- Healthcare ICT
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Energy & Environment (smart grid, smart buildings, intelligent transportation systems, telework/telepresence, energy efficiency)
- Public Safety Communications
- Spectrum Policy
- Internet of Things & Vertical Convergence
The position is unpaid.
TIA provides a travel stipend.
Please send a resume and brief writing sample to James Reid at email@example.com.